Square One Condos in Mississauga
What are Square One Condos?
Square One Condos are those that surround the Square One Shopping Centre in Mississauga. These condominiums first started to appear on streets such as Webb Drive and Kaneff Crescent in the late 1980’s, and I think it is safe to say that, at that time, no one in their wildest dreams would have imagined the change in lifestyle preference, and the change in the City of Mississauga, which would take place in ensuing years. Today, you will find hundreds of Mississauga condos for sale near Square One, and many more for lease, in all price ranges. Highrise condo living has become the preferred housing choice for buyers of all types: first time buyers, empty nesters, recent immigrants to Canada, and investors in the Mississauga Square One area. As more and more people purchase Square One condos in the city centre of Mississauga, all signs point to this trend continuing.
Mississauga condos for sale near Square One today constitute what is perhaps the greatest concentration of high rise condominiums of any suburb in North America. Many visitors arriving at Pearson Airport see the Mississauga skyline and assume that it must be Toronto – imagine their surprise when told that this is a suburban skyline, and that the major metropolitan area of Toronto is actually in the opposite direction!
There has been an avalanche of new condo development in and around Square One over the past 10 years, building upon the first wave, which produced an already impressive existing group of highrise properties that were built in the late 1980’s and early 1990’s. Living near Square One has obvious benefits: close proximity to shopping, restaurants, Starbucks, hotels, central library, public transit including the Mississauga main bus terminal, the Sheridan College campus, Celebration Square, and much more. In spite of being located in a suburb, the walkability scores of many of the Square One condos rank very highly.
Benefits of Condos Near Square One
- great location near Mississauga City Centre
- condos next to Square One shopping mall
- wide assortment of 1, 2, and 3 bedroom apartments
- existing buildings plus new construction condos
- apartments for sale or for rent
- condominiums close to Sheridan College Mississauga campus
- close to Mississauga central bus terminal
- easy access to highway 403 & Toronto Pearson International Airport
- high Walk Score rankings
- next to Mississauga Celebration Square, City Hall, Central Library, Living Arts Centre, central YMCA
Everywhere in the GTA, and in Mississauga in particular, people have embraced the lifestyle of condominium living. But not all condos are created equal – many have features which appeal to some, and not to others. There are starter condos that are ideal for the first time buyer, and luxury condos for sale that offer unrivaled lifestyles. It pays to know the various projects, and a good agent will know right away which ones will be a good fit for you, and which ones to avoid.
As a real estate agent serving Square One, I have watched this area grow, in an amazingly short time. I have helped many people to buy, sell, and rent condos in the Square One area, and it’s been very gratifying to see people enjoying the condo lifestyle here… So knowing that there are differences between the various projects, and comparing the information on each, which is the best condo for you?
“Marilyn Monroe, Eve, Elle, Parkside Village, and Limelight – to name a few…the choice of Mississauga condos for sale is vast”
Mississauga Condos for Sale that are a Good Fit for Families
The original Square One condos were completed in the 1980’s to the 2000’s, and typically have floor plans that are larger in square footage than today’s offerings. Although the amenities may not be as elaborate as the latest condos, the value is there in the size of the units. Even though these Mississauga condos have been around for some time, when they come up for sale, on the MLS, they often sell quickly. The maintenance fees are usually no higher than the newer condos. And because the living space is large, these condominiums are often the best choice for families. Many of these are large two and even three bedroom condos, and they can be found both for sale, and for rent.
- The Aspenview 50 Elm Drive E.
- The Fairmont 25 Fairview Rd. W.
- Parkview 1580 Mississauga Valley Blvd.
- Odyssey 250 Webb Drive
- Club One Condos 300 Webb Drive
- Monarchy 325 Webb Drive
- Monarchy 335 Webb Drive
- The Platinum 350 Webb Drive
- Centre IV 400 Webb Drive
- Phoenix 550 Webb Drive
- Centre 1 330 Rathburn Rd. W.
- Centre 2 350 Rathburn Rd. W.
- 3575 Kaneff Cres.
- Obelisk 1 3590 Kaneff Cres.
- Place IV 3650 Kaneff Cres.
- Place Royale 3695 Kaneff Cres.
- Place Avant 3700 Kaneff Cres.
- Enfield Place 265 Enfield Place
- 285 Enfield Place
- The Towne 3605 Kariya Dr.
- Chelsea Towers 4185 Shipp Dr.
- Chelsea Towers 4205 Shipp Dr.
- Sherwood Towers 200 Robert Speck Pkwy
- 4205 Shipp Dr.
- Towne Two 55 Elm Dr. W.
- 4235 Sherwoodtowne Blvd.
Newer Condos in Mississauga
These newer projects are the best of the recent wave of new construction condos which have appeared since 2000. Although the square footage of recent condos is often smaller than those completed prior to 2000, their floorplans typically maximize use of space, and their condo amenities are often very elaborate, offering everything from rock climbing walls, to bowling alleys. Many of these top luxury Square One condos offer high-end penthouses and a lifestyle that truly approaches that of the “rich and famous”.
- The Absolute 2 70 Absolute Ave.
- Absolute Vision 80 Absolute Ave.
- The Absolute 90 Absolute Ave.
- Absolute World 1 (“Marilyn Monroe” building) 60 Absolute Ave.
- Absolute World 2 (2nd “Marilyn Monroe” building) 50 Absolute Ave.
- Amica at City Centre 350 Princess Royal Dr.
- Block Nine Condos North Tower 4085 Parkside Village Dr.
- Block Nine Condos South Tower 4055 Parkside Village Dr.
- Capital Towers 4080 Living Arts Dr.
- Capital Towers 2 4090 Living Arts Dr.
- Chicago 385 Prince of Wales Dr.
- Citygate 1 3939 Duke of York Blvd.
- Citygate 2 220 Burnhamthorpe Rd. W.
- Compass Creek 200 Burnhamthorpe Rd. E.
- Eden Park 3504 Hurontario St.
- Elle 3525 Kariya Dr.
- Eve 3515 Kariya Dr.
- Grande Mirage 349 Rathburn Rd. W.
- Grand Ovation 310 Burnhamthorpe Rd. W.
- Grand Residences of Parkside Village 4070 Confederation Parkway
- Limelight North Tower 360 Square One Dr.
- Limelight South Tower 365 Prince of Wales Dr.
- Mirage 339 Rathburn Rd. W
- One City Centre 1 Elm Dr. W.
- No. 1 City Centre 33 Elm Dr. W.
- One Park Tower 388 Prince of Wales Dr.
- Onyx 223 Webb Drive
- Ovation 3880 Duke of York Blvd.
- Ovation 2 3888 Duke of York Blvd.
- Park Residences of Parkside Village 4099 Brickstone Mews
- Pinnacle Grand Park 1 3985 Grand Park Dr.
- Pinnacle Grand Park 2 3975 Grand Park Dr.
- PSV Condos of Parkside Village 4011 Brickstone Mews
- PSV 2 Condos of Parkside Village 510 Curran Place
- Residences of Parkside Village 4065 Brickstone Mews
- Solstice 225 Webb Drive
- Tiara 156 Enfield Place
- Ultra Ovation 330 Burnhamthorpe Rd. W.
- Universal 335 Rathburn Rd. W.
- Wesley Tower 360 City Centre Drive
- Wesley Tower 4065 Confederation Pkwy.
- Widesuites 208 Enfield Place
New Square One Condos
Brand new condos in Mississauga seem to be a constant sight in the Square One area. Amacon’s Parkside Village is the single largest multi-year, multi-tower project now underway, with up to 17 high rise buildings, as well as townhouses planned for the corner of Burnhamthorpe Rd. W. and Confederation Parkway. In addition, Daniels still has a few towers to go on their city centre site. Here is a list of brand new condo projects currently under way in this dynamic area of Mississauga:
- Aspire 355 Rathburn Road W.
- District Condos 4220 Living Art Dr.
- Edge Tower 1 26 Elm Dr.
- Exchange District Condos
- Exchange District 2 150 City Centre Dr.
- Keystone Towers by Kaneff 202 Burnhamthorpe Rd. E.
- M City Tower 1 3980 Confederation Parkway
- M City Tower 2 3960 Confederation Parkway
- M City Tower 3 505 Webb Dr.
- M City Tower 4 454 Burnhamthorpe Rd. W.
- M City Tower 5
- Mirage 3
- Parkside Village Avia
- Pinnacle Uptown Mississauga
Buying Pre Construction Condos
One of the best investment strategies has been to buy pre construction condos in Mississauga. Construction time allows you to make a small deposit, and hold the investment as prices rise. If you are interested in pre construction, brand new condos in Mississauga, we work closely with a number of local condo developers such as Amacon, Tridel, Rogers, and Daniels, so that when hot new developments are announced, you can get in early to VIP buyer events – this can save you thousands of dollars from what the general public has to pay.
Finding The Right Condo
RE/MAX REAL ESTATE CENTRE INC., BROKERAGE
THE KEY MARKET INC., BROKERAGE
RE/MAX REAL ESTATE CENTRE INC., BROKERAGE
This website may only be used by consumers that have a bona fide interest in the purchase, sale, or lease of real estate, of the type being offered via this website. Data is deemed reliable but is not guaranteed accurate by the Toronto Regional Real Estate Board (TRREB). In Canada, the trademarks MLS®, Multiple Listing Service® and the associated logos are owned by The Canadian Real Estate Association (CREA) and identify the quality of services provided by real estate professionals who are members of CREA.
So which is the Best Condo for you?
A very important question, after all, you don’t want to pick the wrong building, and find yourself unhappy, and wanting to get out after a short time! Worse, if you really feel unhappy with your new purchase, or rental, you can lose money if you need to move right away.
If making the right choice is important, having insider information from people who know the area is essential! By speaking with experts who really know what goes on in each building, you will make the right buying or renting decision.
If you knew the answers to the following questions, would it help you to pick the right building?
- what are the most recent sales prices in the condo?
- which buildings have the lowest maintenance fees and taxes?
- What sort of amenities do the individual projects have, and do they fit your lifestyle?
- Are there balconies, and are they big enough to enjoy?
- What are the condos at Square One with the best views?
- How close is shopping? grocery store? doctor’s office? dentist?
- How close is public transit (both Mississauga Mi Way and GO Transit)
- Which buildings have generous parking facilities for your guests?
- Does the building allow pets? (and what are the exact restrictions**)
- How old or young are the majority of residents? Will you feel at home here?
The answer is, of course, if you had all this inside information, it would help you to make the right choices!
Attention Square One Shoppers! Want to “Supercharge” your Search Efforts?
We offer expert help for buyers. No matter whether you are a first time buyer, or an experienced investor, we can give you an extra edge that will help you to sort through all the Mississauga condos for sale, find the right one, and then get it at a good price!
For buyers, our services are free. Just click the link below to talk to one of our experts, and get ready to start packing!
author: Randy Selzer
Directions: from Square One Shopping Mall to our real estate office at 33 Pearl St in Streetsville, Mississauga: take Centre View Dr west to Mavis Rd. Turn north on Mavis Rd and proceed to Bristol Rd. Turn left on Bristol Rd and proceed to Queen St S. Bristol Rd becomes Pearl St, follow it about a block past Queen St S, and you will find our office.