Abbey Park High School is a highly rated secondary school situated in northwest Oakville, offering schooling for grades 9-12. There are currently 1318 students registered at this prominent and well known facility.
Abbey Park was founded in 2004, and it is considered one of the top public high schools in Canada. The school offers a wide assortment of academic courses for students in grades 9-12. Abbey Park offers a variety of enrichment programs such as the Cluster Program for high achieving students, two Specialist High Skills Major (SHSM) programs for business and social science students, as well as an Ontario Youth Apprenticeship Program (OYAP) for fashion.
Address & Contact Information
1455 Glen Abbey Gate
Oakville, ON. L6M 2G5
School Board: Halton District School Board
Abbey Park offers an assortment of modern and spacious classrooms and work spaces for students. The school also features numerous drama and art rooms, music areas, a large gymnasium, a fitness centre, athletic fields and computer study areas.
Abbey Park High School offers students the ability to participate in a vast array of team and individual sports, with everything from traditional high school activities such as basketball and football, to more exotic sports such as soccer and lacrosse.
Abbey Park High School Ranking
Abbey Park has consistently scored highly in the Fraser Institute’s annual ranking. This year’s score was 8.9 out of a possible 10, and the school is tied for 10th place out of 739 high schools in the province of Ontario. Compare school rankings.
School and Nearby Amenities
For recreation, Abbey Park High School has a large gymnasium, and a full assortment of athletic facilities. Across from the school is the Glen Abbey Community Centre, which houses houses everything from a swimming pool and skateboard parks, to fitness centres, plus 2 separate full-size ice skating arenas.
Abbey Park High School Boundary Map
Abbey Park boundaries extend from Upper Middle Road in the north, to the QEW in the south, from Burloak Drive in the west, and to Sixteen Mile Creek in the east.