The Charm and History of Streetsville
Streetsville is a historic neighborhood located in the northwest part of of Mississauga, Ontario, Canada, with roots going back the the early 1800’s.
This charming small town within the city of Mississauga is situated along the banks of the Credit River, straddling both sides of the waterway, although the majority of the town is located on the west side.
Streetsville was its own town prior to the 1974 amalgamation that formed the City of Mississauga, and it has vigorously maintained its small town charm by retaining a large number of heritage buildings in the town centre.
Streetsville has also grown in recent years, with the addition of modern shopping malls, offices, and a busy GO Train station. Check out our article on the top 6 things to do in Streetsville.
As of 2021, Streetsville’s population is approximately 68,00 people, and it is part of Mississauga’s overall population of approximately 750,000.
The majority of Streetsville residents own their own homes (85%) with more than half of adult residents holding a university or college degree. The area has excellent schools, and you can read our review here: Schools in Streetsville.
The average household income of Streetsville residents is $124,255 and the area boasts a 5.6% unemployment rate.
As with most of Mississauga, nearly half of Streetsville residents are identified as visible minorities including East Indians, South Asians and Chinese. Statistically, the average house in Streetsville has 3.4 bedrooms, and the average household consists of three people per home.
The average age of Streetsville residents is 38 with 33% of the population being between ages 25–44, and 23.1% of the population are between the ages 45– 64 .
House Prices in Streetsville
Streetsville has a good variety of housing types within its borders, and from the point of view of the Toronto Regional Real Estate Board, actually incorporates a larger area of newer homes, including the luxury homes of the Credit Mills area.
For the purposes of this page, we will only be focusing on the traditional town of Streetsville.
During 2021, there was an active market for detached homes, semi-detached, freehold townhouses, condominium townhouses, and condo apartments. During 2021, there were 91 detached homes sold through the MLS system, plus 18 semi-detached, and 2 freehold townhouses. We can look at detached sales:
|Average Asking Price||Average Selling Price||Percentage|
And here’s a complete list of detached houses sold in Streetsville Mississauga throughout 2021:
|Address||Asking Price||Date Sold|
|5 Pine Cliff||$999,900||03/29/2021|
|48 Alpha Mill||$1,189,000||03/17/2021|
|10 Shady Lawn||$1,199,000||03/16/2021|
|6 Shady Lawn||$1,250,000||06/15/2021|
|5538 River Grove||$1,399,900||01/06/2021|
In addition to these “freehold” properties sold in 2021, there were also 85 condominium properties sold, of which 76 were townhouses, 5 were condo apartments, 2 were detached condos, and 2 were semi-detached condos.
Call Randy Selzer – Your Real Estate Agent in Streetsville Now: 416-433-3556
Buying or selling a home is the biggest financial transaction that most people will do in their lifetimes. While the Greater Toronto Area real estate market has been exceptional over the past several years, the high prices have also increased the stakes for both Buyers and Sellers.
With the large dollar amounts being exchanged these days, it is essential to work with an experienced agent like Randy.
6 Reasons Why You Should Give Randy a Call:
- 1. Knowledge and Skill – the realtor you choose to work with should be a fulltime, professional agent with the type of knowledge and skills that only years of service can provide. Many newer agents believe they know everything that they need to know, but experienced agents like Randy know that many of the important details and trade secrets only come through working in the field for many years.
- 2. Accurate Pricing – the single most important part of selling any home is to price it correctly at the start. Professional realtors eliminate the guesswork by providing you with a detailed analysis of other nearby sales, providing data that points to the right price for listing your home. While some agents may puff up the price to get your business, they are not doing you any favors, because even in today’s booming market, pricing too high can delay or prevent the successful sale of your home. Likewise, pricing the property too low leaves money on the table. Pricing accurately is the first step to getting your home sold successfully.
- 3. Effective Marketing – selling real estate effectively is not a simple job and most real estate agents understand this. Today’s marketplace demands professional hi-res images of your home, virtual tours, staging, with the best features of your home presented in the most attractive way possible. We pride ourselves in delivering to you the best ad and social media campaigns possible showcasing your home to get offers.
- 4. Expertise with Offers – comes from repetition, over and over. You’ll feel comforted by Randy’s 25 plus years of experience with offers, as he has successfully sold many hundreds of homes. Some of the most common issues include: handling bidding wars, working with offer dates, bully offers, low ball offers, offers that fall through, and much more! We will guide you so you will feel confident during the offer process.
- 5. Trusted Associate Team – a professional realtor usually has a team of associates that can provide you with “one stop shopping”. Randy works with trusted home stagers, home inspectors, mortgage professionals at the bank, independent mortgage brokers, lawyers, photographers, videographers, contractors, cleaners, and movers that are part of a team that will help you to buy or sell a home, without having to search for services on your own.
- 6. After Sale Support – every day we feel grateful for the many repeat customers and referrals that come our way. We are firm believers in the Law of Attraction. We are blessed to have helped so many people in their real estate needs. Our goal is to make it happen for you, so that we can enjoy our journey together.
Schedule a Free 15 Minute Consultation:
or you can email or phone us direct
phone direct: 416-433-3556
categories: mississauga real estate, streetsville, streetsville real estate, real estate agent streetsville, real estate agent mississauga, northwest mississauga, house prices, bread and honey festival