Square One Condos in Mississauga
What are Square One Condos?
Square One Condos are those condominiums that surround the Square One Shopping Centre in the City Centre area of Mississauga, Ontario, Canada.
This article provides an overview of over 60 different Square One condo towers, with links to detailed information on many of them. You will learn the pros and cons of many developments.
That information can help you to decide which condo might be best for you.
With so many Mississauga condos to choose from, it’s tough to know where to begin. Our guide will hopefully make it a little easier.
History of Condos in Mississauga City Centre
Condominiums first started to appear in Mississauga on streets such as Webb Drive and Kaneff Crescent in the late 1980’s. I think it is safe to say that, at the time, no one in their wildest dreams would have expected the explosive growth in highrise condo living that would take place in ensuing years.
Today, thousands of people live in dozens of highrise condo towers in the Square One City Centre area of downtown Mississauga.
Highrise condo living has become the preferred housing choice for buyers of all types: first time buyers, families, empty nesters, recent immigrants to Canada, and investors in the Mississauga Square One area.
As more and more people embrace the condo lifestyle, all signs point to this trend continuing.
The Square One area of Mississauga may have the greatest concentration of high rise condominiums of any suburb in North America.
Many visitors arriving at Pearson Airport see the Mississauga skyline and assume that it must be Toronto. Imagine their surprise when told that this is a suburban skyline, and that the major metropolitan area of Toronto is actually in the opposite direction!
There has been an avalanche of new condo development in and around Square One over the past 20 years, building upon the first wave, which produced an already impressive existing group of highrise properties that were built in the late 1980’s and early 1990’s.
Living near Square One has obvious benefits: close proximity to shopping, restaurants, bars, coffee shops, hotels, the Hazel McCallion Central Library, extensive public transit including the Mississauga main bus terminal, the new Hurontario LRT, the Sheridan College campus, Celebration Square, and much more.
In spite of being located in a suburb, the walk, transit, and bike scores of many of the Square One condos rank very highly.
Find a Better Condo, Faster
Benefits of Condos Near Square One
- great location in the heart of Mississauga
- live next to Square One Shopping Centre, Ontario’s largest mall with over 360 stores, restaurants, & services
- wide assortment of 1, 2, and 3 bedroom apartments to choose from
- existing buildings plus new construction condos
- apartments for sale or for rent
- close to Sheridan College Mississauga campus
- close to Mississauga MiWay central bus and GO Transit terminal
- close to future Hurontario LRT
- easy access to highway 403 & Toronto Pearson International Airport
- high Walk Score rankings
- next to Mississauga Celebration Square, City Hall, Hazel McCallion Central Library, Living Arts Centre, central YMCA, Art Gallery of Mississauga
- plenty of nearby parks
- excellent nearby schools
Everywhere in the GTA, and in Mississauga in particular, people have embraced the lifestyle of condominium living.
But not all condos are created equal. Many have features which appeal to some, and not to others.
There are starter condos that are ideal for the first time buyer, and luxury condos for sale that offer unrivaled lifestyles. In effect, it pays to know the various projects, and a good agent will know right away which ones will be a good match for you.
So knowing that there are differences between the various condos, how do you pick one that is a good fit?
Mississauga Condos that are Good for Families
The original Square One condos were completed in the 1980’s to the 2000’s, and typically have floor plans that are larger in square footage than today’s offerings.
Although the amenities may not be as elaborate as the latest condos, the value is there in the size of the units. If you are looking for affordable condos in Mississauga, these are worth checking out.
Even though these Mississauga condos have been around for some time, when they come up for sale on the MLS, they often sell quickly.
The maintenance fees are usually only slightly higher than the newer condos. And because the living space is large, these condominiums are often the best choice for families. Many of these are large two and even three bedroom condos, and they can be found both for sale, and for rent.
- Centre I 330 Rathburn Rd. W
- Centre II 350 Rathburn Rd. W
- Centre IV 400 Webb Drive
- Chelsea Towers 4185 Shipp Dr
- Chelsea Towers 4205 Shipp Dr
- Club One Condos 300 Webb Drive
- Enfield Place 265 Enfield Place
- Enfield Place 285 Enfield Place
- Monarchy 325 Webb Drive
- Monarchy 335 Webb Drive
- Odyssey 250 Webb Drive
- Phoenix 550 Webb Drive
- Platinum West 350 Webb Drive
- Sherwood Towers 200 Robert Speck Pkwy
- The Fairmont 25 Fairview Rd. W.
- The Sherwood 4235 Sherwoodtowne Blvd.
- The Towne 3605 Kariya Dr.
- The Towne Two 55 Elm Dr. W.
Newer Lifestyle Condos in Mississauga
This group of condos appeared over the past 20 years or so. Although the average square footage of this group is often smaller than those completed prior to 2000, their floorplans typically maximize use of space, and the condo amenities are often very elaborate, offering everything from rock climbing walls, to bowling alleys.
What’s more, many of these top luxury condos in Mississauga feature high-end penthouses and a lifestyle that truly approaches that of the “rich and famous”. You can find a great assortment of condos for sale in Mississauga Square One on this list:
- Absolute City Centre II – 70 Absolute Ave.
- Absolute Vision 80 Absolute Ave.
- Absolute City Centre I – 90 Absolute Ave.
- Absolute World 1 (“Marilyn Monroe” towers) 60 Absolute Ave.
- Absolute World 2 (“Marilyn Monroe” towers) 50 Absolute Ave.
- Amica at City Centre 350 Princess Royal Dr.
- Block Nine Condos South Tower 4055 Parkside Village Drive
- Block Nine Condos North Tower 4085 Parkside Village Drive
- Capital Towers South Tower 4080 Living Arts Dr.
- Capital Towers North Tower 4090 Living Arts Dr.
- Chicago 385 Prince of Wales Dr.
- Citygate I 3939 Duke of York Blvd.
- Citygate II 220 Burnhamthorpe Rd W.
- Compass Creek 200 Burnhamthorpe Rd. E.
- Eden Park 3504 Hurontario St.
- Elle 3525 Kariya Dr.
- Eve 3515 Kariya Dr.
- Grande Mirage 349 Rathburn Rd. W.
- Grand Ovation 310 Burnhamthorpe Rd. W.
- Grand Residences at Parkside Village 4070 Confederation Parkway
- Limelight North Tower 360 Square One Dr.
- Limelight South Tower 365 Prince of Wales Dr.
- Mirage 339 Rathburn Rd. W
- One City Centre 1 Elm Dr. W.
- No. 1 City Centre 33 Elm Dr. W.
- One Park Tower 388 Prince of Wales Dr.
- Onyx 223 Webb Dr.
- Ovation 3880 Duke of York Blvd.
- Ovation 3888 Duke of York Blvd.
- Park Residences at Parkside Village 4099 Brickstone Mews
- Pinnacle Condos 3985 Grand Park Drive
- Pinnacle 2 Condos 3975 Grand Park Drive
- PSV Condos of Parkside Village 4011 Brickstone Mews
- PSV 2 Condos of Parkside Village 510 Curran Place
- Residences at Parkside Village 4065 Brickstone Mews
- Solstice 225 Webb Dr.
- Tiara Condos 156 Enfield Place
- Ultra Ovation 330 Burnhamthorpe Rd. W.
- Universal 335 Rathburn Rd. W.
- Wesley Tower 4065 Confederation Parkway
- Widesuites 208 Enfield Place
Brand new condos in Mississauga, both pre-construction (planned) and under construction, are a constant presence in the Square One area.
Amacon’s Parkside Village is the single largest multi-year, multi-tower project now underway, with up to 17 high rise buildings, as well as townhouses planned for the northwest corner of Burnhamthorpe Rd. W. and Confederation Parkway.
Rogers’ massive 8 tower M City Project is also well underway, with the first four towers already under construction.
In addition, Daniels still has a few towers to go on their City Centre site.
Here is a list of brand new condo projects currently under way in this dynamic area of Mississauga:
- Aspire 355 Rathburn Road W.
- District Condos 4220 Living Art Dr.
- Edge Tower 1 26 Elm Dr.
- Exchange District Condos
- Exchange District 2 150 City Centre Dr.
- Keystone Towers by Kaneff 202 Burnhamthorpe Rd. E.
- M City Tower 1 3900 Confederation Parkway
- M City Tower 2 3883 Quartz Rd.
- M City Tower 3 Burnhamthorpe Rd. W.
- M City Tower 4 Burnhamthorpe Rd. W.
- M City Tower 5
- Mirage 3
- Parkside Village Avia
- Parkside Village Voya
- Pinnacle Uptown Mississauga
Buy Pre-Construction Condos Square One
One of the best investment strategies has been to buy pre construction condos in Mississauga.
Construction time allows you to make a small deposit, and hold the investment as prices rise.
If you are interested in pre construction condos in Mississauga, we work closely with a number of local condo developers such as Amacon, Tridel, Rogers, and Daniels.
When hot new developments are announced, you can get in early to VIP buyer events. This can get you access to the best units, and can save you thousands of dollars from what others might have to pay.
Condos for Sale Mississauga
Check out our Mississauga condo listings:
Sorry we are experiencing system issues. Please try again.
We know it’s a Big Job Sifting Through All the Info on Your Own
If you knew the answers to the following questions, would it help you to pick the right building?
- what are the most recent sale prices in the building?
- which buildings have the lowest maintenance fees and taxes?
- What sort of amenities do the individual projects have, and do they fit your lifestyle?
- Are there balconies, and are they big enough to enjoy?
- What are the condos at Square One with the best views?
- How close is shopping? grocery store? doctor’s office? dentist?
- How close is public transit (both Mississauga MiWay and GO Transit)
- Which buildings have generous parking facilities for your guests?
- Does the building allow pets? (and what are the exact restrictions**)
- How old or young are the majority of residents? Will you feel at home here?
As a condo realtor in Mississauga, we offer expert help for buyers, sellers, and investors. Check us out! You will benefit from our extensive experience in the Mississauga condo market.
Selling? Get a Better Price
Categories: square one condos, square one condos for sale, mississauga condos, mississauga condos for sale, condos for sale mississauga, condo listings Mississauga, condos square one, luxury condos Mississauga, lofts, apartments, affordable condos Mississauga, condos in Mississauga
author: Randy Selzer
Dropping by in person? Directions: from Square One Shopping Mall to our real estate office at 33 Pearl St in Streetsville, Mississauga: take Burnhamthorpe Rd. W. to Mavis Rd. Turn north on Mavis Rd. and proceed to Bristol Rd. Turn left on Bristol Rd and proceed to Queen St S. Bristol Rd becomes Pearl St, follow it about a block past Queen St S, and you will find our office.