Is Clarkson a Good Area?
Clarkson is one of the original areas of Mississauga, located south of the QEW highway, with Winston Churchill Boulevard on its west border, and a somewhat indefinite dividing line east of Southdown Road, on its eastern flank.
Clarkson is a part of Mississauga that was built primarily in the 1970’s, and it offers a combination of small town boutique shopping and suburban style housing. There is a range of areas within Clarkson that provide affordable budget homes, as well as extremely high end luxury homes. Schools in the area are excellent, and commuting options include the QEW highway and the Clarkson GO Station on the Lakeshore line.
Clarkson Mississauga Real Estate
At the top end of real estate options in Clarkson, there is an expensive and exclusive residential neighbourhood bordering the natural wetlands area known as the Rattray Marsh, with some of the finest homes available in a unique natural setting.
If you are interested in living in Clarkson, the real estate there offers a lot of very attractive benefits to the savvy buyer: mature neighbourhoods with tall trees, spacious older homes with large lots and plenty of character.
Newer subdivisions just can’t match the lot sizes, parkland, and proximity of Lake Ontario, to name just a few of Clarkson’s many features. Although the homes are older than some of the newest subdivisions, most have been updated and treated with loving care throughout their lifetimes.
Quite simply, it’s a great area, with relatively affordable housing stock for young families (with one exception, as we will see). Clarkson has also been recognized as one of the best places to invest in Canada.
The original Town of Clarkson gets its name from one of its very first settlers, a man named Warren Clarkson, who arrived in the township in 1808 and remained there till his death in 1882. This part of what we today call Mississauga, was first referred to as Clarkson’s Corners and boasted a general store and post office, run by the Clarkson family.
Local Attractions – Bradley Museum Log Cabin
Clarkson was originally renowned for its orchards, particularly for apples and strawberries, and was considered at one time to be the ‘strawberry capital of Ontario’.
You can visit several heritage areas and museums, such as the Benares Historic House and the Bradley Museum. Lucky visitors to the Bradley Museum can occasionally spot a herd of wild, whitetail deer in the neighbouring forest.
Address: 1620 Orr Rd., Mississauga, ON. L5J 4T2
Map of Clarkson, Mississauga
Area Attractions in Clarkson Mississauga
Rattray Marsh Conservation Area
Clarkson is also the location of a serene and relatively untouched nature area called the Rattray Marsh, next to Lake Ontario.
Renowned for its undistrurbed wetlands, wildlife, birdwatching, scenic pathways and boardwalks, the Mississauga Rattray Marsh Conservation Area is also bordered by a very special area of residential homes.
The houses surrounding the Rattray Marsh are highly sought after, and those in the area directly adjacent of the marsh, known as the Rattray Park Estates, are some of the most exclusive in the GTA.
Streets such as Meadow Wood Rd. and Watersedge Rd. boast mansions to rival those of the ‘rich and famous’ anywhere in Canada. There is very little turnover in the Rattray Marsh area of Mississauga, as most people who move there, rarely want to leave! For directions, see: Rattray Marsh Trail Map.
Rattray Marsh Address: 1180 Lakeshore Rd W, Mississauga ON L5H 3L1
Transportation in Clarkson Mississauga
Clarkson GO Station
Clarkson has a GO train station, providing direct access to Union Station in downtown Toronto via the Lakeshore West line. There is also extensive Mississauga Transit bus service throughout Clarkson with multiple lines feeding into the GO station, and providing access to the main hub at Square One.
The Erin Mills Parkway / Southdown Road interchange of the QEW provides convenient access to this major highway, and Highway 403 is also nearby. The main roads in the Clarkson area include Lakeshore Road West, Southdown Road, Clarkson Road, and Truscott Drive.
Address: 1110 Southdown Rd, Mississauga, ON L5J 0A3
As of 2021, Clarkson’s population is approximately 28,000 people, and it is part of Mississauga’s overall population of approximately 765,000. The majority of Clarkson residents own their own homes (77%) with 86.9% of adult residents having completed high school, and 32.8% of adult residents holding a university or college degree. Clarkson has excellent schools, and you can read more here in our article on Clarkson schools.
The average household income of Clarkson residents is $102,064 and the area boasts a 5.0% unemployment rate. As with most of Mississauga, Clarkson can be identified as a highly multicultural area, with visible minorities including Arabs, South Asians and Chinese. Statistically, the average house in Clarkson has 3.4 bedrooms, and the average household consists of three people per home.
The average age of Clarkson residents is 43, which is 8% higher than the Mississauga average of 39.9.
House Prices in Clarkson
Clarkson has a good variety of housing types within its borders, and from the point of view of the Toronto Regional Real Estate Board, incorporates a wide range of housing types at various price points.
For the purposes of this page, we will only be focusing on detached home sales in Clarkson. 2021 was an extremely active market for detached homes, semi-detached, freehold townhouses, condominium townhouses, and condo apartments.
During the past year, there were 161 detached homes sold through the MLS system, plus additional semi-detached, and freehold townhouses.
The average sale price for detached single family homes was $1,758,251, which was 105% of the asking price. The average time it took to sell was 13 days (i.e. days on the market).
We can look at detached sales:
|Average Asking Price||Average Selling Price||Percentage|
|Address||Asking Price||Date Sold|
|1419 Boulder Creek||$999,000||06/27/2021|
|1407 Boulder Creek||$1,188,000||09/21/2021|
|1403 Boulder Creek||$1,199,000||04/07/2021|
|1308 Boulder Creek||$1,299,900||05/11/2021|
|1399 Boulder Creek||$1,350,000||02/06/2021|
|1367 Boulder Creek||$1,499,000||08/10/2021|
|976 Silver Birch||$1,549,000||04/12/2021|
|1712 Hollow Oak||$1,589,000||01/10/2021|
|938 Fletcher Valley||$1,599,900||06/18/2021|
|821 Fletcher Valley||$1,699,000||03/11/2021|
|921 Fletcher Valley||$1,699,000||06/21/2021|
|881 Fletcher Valley||$1,699,000||09/02/2021|
|950 Meadow Wood||$1,699,850||06/11/2021|
|861 Fletcher Valley||$1,859,900||10/20/2021|
|790 Meadow Wood||$1,899,900||10/30/2021|
|368 Meadow Wood||$1,999,999||04/20/2021|
|620 Meadow Wood||$2,188,000||03/10/2021|
|572 Old Poplar||$2,498,000||10/18/2021|
|466 Rattray Park||$2,499,900||07/19/2021|
|511 Meadow Wood||$2,649,900||08/23/2021|
|945 Meadow Wood||$2,798,000||04/25/2021|
|1578 Old Spar||$2,899,000||01/07/2021|
|574 Meadow Wood||$2,988,800||06/18/2021|
|706 Meadow Wood||$3,198,800||09/22/2021|
|801 Meadow Wood||$3,299,850||03/05/2021|
|392 Country Club||$3,750,000||04/10/2021|
Call Randy Selzer – Your Real Estate Agent in Clarkson Now: 416-433-3556
Buying or selling a home is the biggest financial transaction that most people will do in their lifetimes. While the Greater Toronto Area real estate market has been exceptional over the past several years, the high prices have also increased the stakes for both Buyers and Sellers. With the large dollar amounts being exchanged these days, it is essential to work with an experienced agent like Randy.
6 Reasons Why You Should Give Randy a Call:
- 1. Knowledge and Skill – the realtor you choose to work with should be a fulltime, professional agent with the type of knowledge and skills that only years of service can provide. Many newer agents believe they know everything that they need to know, but experienced agents like Randy know that many of the important details and trade secrets only come through working in the field for many years.
- 2. Accurate Pricing – the single most important part of selling any home is to price it correctly at the start. Professional realtors eliminate the guesswork by providing you with a detailed analysis of other nearby sales, providing data that points to the right price for listing your home. While some agents may puff up the price to get your business, they are not doing you any favors, because even in today’s booming market, pricing too high can delay or prevent the successful sale of your home. Likewise, pricing the property too low leaves money on the table. Pricing accurately is the first step to getting your home sold successfully.
- 3. Effective Marketing – selling real estate effectively is not a simple job and most real estate agents understand this. Today’s marketplace demands professional hi-res images of your home, virtual tours, staging, with the best features of your home presented in the most attractive way possible. We pride ourselves in delivering to you the best ad and social media campaigns possible showcasing your home to get offers.
- 4. Expertise with Offers – comes from repetition, over and over. You’ll feel comforted by Randy’s 25 plus years of experience with offers, as he has successfully sold many hundreds of homes. Some of the most common issues include: handling bidding wars, working with offer dates, bully offers, low ball offers, offers that fall through, and much more! We will guide you so you will feel confident during the offer process.
- 5. Trusted Associate Team – a professional realtor usually has a team of associates that can provide you with “one stop shopping”. Randy works with trusted home stagers, home inspectors, mortgage professionals at the bank, independent mortgage brokers, lawyers, photographers, videographers, contractors, cleaners, and movers that are part of a team that will help you to buy or sell a home, without having to search for services on your own.
- 6. After Sale Support – every day we feel grateful for the many repeat customers and referrals that come our way. We are firm believers in the Law of Attraction. We are blessed to have helped so many people in their real estate needs. Our goal is to make it happen for you, so that we can enjoy our journey together.
Schedule a Free 15 Minute Consultation:
or you can email or phone us direct
phone direct: 416-433-3556
categories: mississauga real estate, clarkson, clarkson real estate, real estate agent clarkson, real estate agent mississauga, rattray marsh, south mississauga, house prices, bradley museum, clarkson mississauga
next: Things to do in Clarkson